- 1 Top Rated Back Supports For Office Chair
- 1.1 Fellowes Professional Series Back Support
- 1.2 Love Home Memory Foam Chair Back Support
- 1.3 Comfort Cloud Premium Hybrid Gel Lower Back Pain Cushion
- 1.4 Premium Therapeutic Grade Lumbar Support Cushion
- 1.5 Liliyo Office Chair Seat Cushion
- 1.6 ComfiLife Lumbar Support Back Pillow
- 1.7 Travelon Cool Mesh Back Support
- 1.8 Everlasting Comfort 100% Pure Memory Foam Back Cushion
- 1.9 LeFun Lumbar Cushion
- 1.10 King Comfort Lumbar Support
- 2 How to Buy the Best Lumbar Back Support – Which?
- 3 Choosing the Right Back Support is a Personal Preference!
- 4 Practical Tips for Maintaining Back Support in an Office Chair
- 5 FAQs on Office Chair Back Support
- 6 Best Back Support for Office Chairs Comparison Chart
- 7 Conclusion
Poor back support causes problems for people all over the country. By not using an appropriate office chair whilst you are working at your computer all day, you could develop poor posture, leading to back pain.
Did you know that changing the type of office chair accessories that you use could actually help to relieve or eliminate any back problems that you are already experiencing?
We take a look at some of the ways in which you can choose the best back support for office chairs and why it is so important. You will also see from these back support reviews that lumbar support for office chairs are an essential part of the process of making your office chair have suitable back support.
We have included a buying guide to help you to find out what you should be looking for when you’re shopping for a great office chair back support pillow. You will also find some useful reviews so that you can get a good idea of what kinds of office chair supports are available for providing good back support.
Another important question to ask yourself involves figuring out whether you should replace your office chair at all. To figure out what style of office chair is best for you, just follow the link!
Top Rated Back Supports For Office Chair
- Fellowes Professional Series Back Support
- PRICE $$$
- Color : Black
- Dimension : 2 x 15 x 14.5 inches
- Weight : 1.9 pounds
- Love Home Memory Foam
- PRICE $$
- Color : Black
- Dimension : 13.4 x 12.6 x 4.1 inches
- Weight : 0.2 ounces
- Comfort Cloud Premium Hybrid Gel Lower Back Pain Cushion
- PRICE $$$
- Color : Black
- Dimension : 15.2 x 4.7 x 12.6 inches
- Weight : 2 pounds
- Premium Therapeutic Grade Lumbar Support Cushion
- PRICE $$$
- Color : Black
- Dimension : 13 x 3.9 x 11.8 inches
- Weight : 1.3 pounds
- Liliyo Office Chair Seat Cushion
- PRICE $$$
- Color : Blue & Gray
- Dimension : 17 x 2.5 x 13 inches
- Weight : 14.4 ounces
Fellowes Professional Series Back SupportThis office chair support offers mid-spinal support. With memory foam to keep the shape of the support, you can be sure that this accessory is not only supportive but that it is comfortable and high quality. It will help you to sit in a neutral position but providing support for your spine.
This back support cushion ensures that there is lower lumbar support as well as mid-spine support. With 3 sections of memory foam, the cushion concentrates on the usual problem areas for users.
You don’t need to worry about readjusting this back support every time you stand up and sit down. It is anchored onto the back of the chair using a three-point attachment system. This keeps the cushion firmly in place so that it won’t slip and to ensure that it will maintain maximum support throughout the day.
You can enjoy customized support from this cushion thanks to the memory foam construction. This ensures that the cushion conforms to the weight of your back as well as the warmth from your body to provide the best possible comfort for your back.
This back support is a low-cost solution to provide additional lumbar and mid back support for standard office chairs.
Love Home Memory Foam Chair Back SupportThe best lower back support for office chair! This D-shaped lumbar support cushion is just what you need to reduce lower back pain when you have a job that requires you to sit at your desk for prolonged amounts of time. By supporting your lower back, you can gain better spinal alignment and this will help you to sit better in your chair. Whether you’ve developed back pain over time, or if you have a back condition that causes back problems, this cushion may be the ideal solution.
As the foam that makes the shape of this cushion is so firm, you can be sure that it will not become flat over time. The memory foam will compress just enough to take the shape of your back to provide you with the appropriate amount of support for your back.
An adjustable strap is included to keep the cushion in place. The strap will prevent the support pillow from falling out of place so you won’t have to worry about repositioning it all the time.
You will be able to wash the cover of this cushion if you need to and the design of the chair ensures that the foam will not soak up moisture leaving it feeling more comfortable.
Comfort Cloud Premium Hybrid Gel Lower Back Pain CushionThis memory foam lumbar support cushion has plenty to offer the user, as well as offering great support for the lower back. You can be sure that it will not only improve posture but with the cooling gel layer, you’ll be able to experience relief from back pain throughout the day. The cushion is also effective for reducing impacts and won’t flatten over time.
The cover of this cushion is made from breathable mesh. It is easy to clean and feels comfortable.
An elastic strap that is included with the cushion can be fastened around the existing backrest of your office chair. It is fastened with a buckle to the side of the chair and this will ensure that the cushion will not move around throughout the day. The back of the cushion is also made from a non-slip material, which also helps to keep the cushion in place. The cushion itself can be removed from the cover if you want to clean it and this ensures that the cushion is also easy to clean.
You can enjoy a full money back guarantee when you choose this lumbar support cushion as the manufacturer has so much confidence in its product.
You should also check out: Best Office Chairs for Lower Back Pain
Premium Therapeutic Grade Lumbar Support CushionYou can make back pain a thing of the past by using this Premium Therapeutic Grade Lumbar Support Cushion. By providing firm support to the lumbar curve, this cushion can help to keep the shoulders aligned with the pelvis, maintaining the correct posture for the user whilst at the same time, ensuring that the natural curve of the spine is maintained.
When you purchase a lumbar support cushion, you can often notice a chemical smell that takes a while to wear off. This smell can be unpleasant so you may appreciate that this lumbar cushion will not have any chemical smell when you unwrap it. You will be able to use it straight away and start enjoying the comfort and support that it offers.
As this cushion is so portable, you will be able to take it anywhere you need to go. Whether you want to use it at work, home or on the move, this is a convenient way of ensuring that your back is in the best position at all times.
The firm foam that makes up the shape of this cushion will not go flat, even if you use it every day. You can be sure of the best possible quality and support for as long as you use this cushion.
Liliyo Office Chair Seat CushionYou’ll be able to sit up properly when you choose this office chair seat cushion. Featuring Liliyo rebound foam, this cushion provides support to the coccyx and helps you to sit in a position that is optimized for lowering back pain. By sitting properly whilst you are working, you will be able to work more comfortably instead of trying to find a better position to sit in and feeling uncomfortable and distracted.
This back cushion has been designed to reduce lower back pain along with other complaints such as sciatica, spinal injuries, and pain caused by pregnancy. It will align the spine whilst lowering the pressure on the hips and tailbone.
Thanks to the high quality of this lumbar support cushion, you can be sure that you won’t have to replace it in a hurry. Even if you use it daily, you will be able to benefit from many years’ worth of use from it. You will also receive a velour cushion cover along with your purchase and this offers a non-slip option to keep the cushion in place. You can easily remove the foam cushion from its cover using the zipper, which allows you to easily wash or replace the cover if you need to.
- ComfiLife Lumbar Support Back Pillow
- PRICE $$
- Color : Grey
- Dimension : 15 x 12.5 x 4.7 inches
- Weight : 1 pounds
- Travelon Cool Mesh Back Support System
- PRICE $
- Color : Black
- Dimension : 11 x 7 x 3 inches
- Weight : 12.8 ounces
- Everlasting Comfort 100% Pure Memory Foam Back Cushion
- PRICE $$
- Color : Black
- Dimension : 13.4 x 4.1 x 12.6 inches
- Weight : 1.8 pounds
- LeFun Lumbar Cushion
- PRICE $$
- Color : Black
- Dimension : 13 x 7 x 7 inches
- Weight : 1.3 pounds
- King Comfort Lumbar Support Royale
- PRICE $$$$
- Color : Black
- Dimension : 17 x 13.2 x 5.8 inches
- Weight : 1.2 pounds
ComfiLife Lumbar Support Back PillowThis chiropractic lumbar support cushion will ensure that you can minimize and reduce pain to your lower back. It will help you to improve your posture and as a result can provide relief for existing lower back pain.
The ComfiLife Lumbar Support Back Pillow is made from contoured memory foam, which will provide firm yet comfortable support for the curve in your lower spine. Whilst maintaining your spine’s natural curve, this cushion promotes spinal alignment by encouraging you to sit properly.
As this cushion is made from 100% memory foam, you can be sure of the best possible quality. Even if you use this cushion daily, you can be sure that you’ll get many years of use from it.
An adjustable strap is attached to the ventilated mesh cover and this allows you to secure the cushion to the back of your office chair. This allows you to get up and sit down as often as you need to throughout the day without worrying about having to reposition it all the time. You will be able to clean the removable mesh cover that comes with this cushion by unzipping it and removing the foam from inside.
If you are not completely happy with this lumbar support cushion, you will be able to return it.
Travelon Cool Mesh Back SupportThis mesh back support system will ensure that your back can stay well supported and cool. Using elastic straps, it attaches to the backrest of your existing office chair so that you don’t need to worry about repositioning it.
As the support is made from mesh, it is very lightweight and as a result, it can be taken anywhere you wish, which is great if you travel often, if you want to use it around the home or if you use more than one desk at work.
This back support is adjustable and you can move it up or down as you need to. Thanks to the lack of foam padding, you won’t need to worry about it becoming dirty as it washes easily. It will also not lose its shape as you may find with some foam alternatives.
Another great benefit of this mesh lumbar support is that it is very affordable so you don’t need to worry about your budget when you choose it. With a black color, this support is not likely to look out of place in your office although it should be noted that other colors are not available so if you have a lighter colored office chair, it may not match.
Everlasting Comfort 100% Pure Memory Foam Back CushionThis high quality and 100% memory foam back pillow will ensure that you are comfortable and that your lumbar curve is well supported whilst you work. Memory foam is a popular choice as it is made from high-quality substances that ensure that it keeps its shape and is hard wearing.
A dual strap design allows this cushion to be placed onto almost any chair back. The straps will keep the cushion in place so that it does not need to be adjusted but it can be removed when necessary too. The cushion is intended for lower back pain, but it can also be used for upper and middle back support too.
The cover on this cushion is made from hypoallergenic fabric. The fabric is also breathable so your back will stay cool and dry whilst you are using the cushion.
This cushion comes with a lifetime guarantee. If anything happens to it ever, you can return it to the manufacturer for a replacement. This ensures that you can have complete peace of mind so that you can buy with confidence. The fact that this is a high-quality product, to begin with, is a good enough reason to choose this cushion, but knowing that it will be replaced whenever anything goes wrong may be the feature that you need to make your decision.
LeFun Lumbar Cushion
The ergonomic design of the LeFun Lumbar Cushion is perfect for helping to alleviate the effects of sitting for prolonged amounts of time. If you’ve been suffering from lower back pain due to your seating position whilst you are at work or in your home office, then this cushion may be just what you need.
The memory foam that makes up the cushion is high quality and you can be sure that it will retain its shape and not go flat over time. It provides a great balance of softness and firmness so that you can feel comfortable whilst your back is well supported.
The mesh that covers the foam is breathable and washable. You simply need to unzip the cover and take the foam out. Attached to the cover is an adjustable strap, which can be used to secure the cushion to your office chair’s backrest. This will prevent the cushion from slipping or requiring adjustment.
This is a portable cushion that can be attached to a chair in no time and can be removed from the chair easily too. As it is lightweight, you could carry it around when you’re traveling, use it at home or use it in the office.
King Comfort Lumbar SupportThe King Comfort Lumbar Support Royale is just what you need to erase back pain. It is suitable for a variety of uses including office chairs, car seats, and even wheelchairs. Designed to offer luxurious support to the lower back, this cushion can help to reduce and even eliminate back pains.
To ensure that your back stays cool and dry when you sue this cushion, it features a high-quality cover that has a mesh panel for improved ventilation. It feels luxurious to the touch and the cover can be washed easily.
The cushion itself is odor resistant and is made from high-quality memory foam to ensure that it will not become flattened or lose its shape over time. This can mean that this cushion will last you for many years to come.
An adjustable elasticated strap is included with this cushion to allow you to attach it to virtually any seat back that you need to. This makes it suitable for many different uses including traveling, home or work. It even comes with a travel bag so that you can take it with you if you need to.
This cushion comes with a 12-month guarantee as well as a bonus eBook to help you to eliminate back pain for good.
How to Buy the Best Lumbar Back Support – Which?
A lumbar support pillow is a cushion or pad that sits in the lower back of the chair and supports the lowest part of your spine as you sit. One of the main functions of the lumbar support pillow is to prevent you from slouching as you sit. Slumping forward in your seat is a common problem for many users, especially where their computer screen may be a little too far away from their face for them to read it properly. Sitting upright and not slouching will prevent flexion stresses in the back and this can have a great impact on the overall health of your back, particularly for those who sit on an office chair for long periods throughout the day.
You can choose different kinds of lumbar support pillows. Some are molded and sit in the lordosis curve in your back. These are the most common kinds of support pillows. You will also be able to find rolls or D-shaped supports, which ultimately perform a similar function.
- A D-shaped lumbar support pillow prevents sagging of the spine and they are very effective for this. Despite their effectiveness, however, they are not as comfortable as rolls as they use foam that is denser. In addition, they can be difficult to fit the shape of your existing chair, especially if there is already some lumbar support built into the chair or those that have molded or curved sides.
- A lumbar support roll is a great alternative to a D-shaped lumbar support pillow. This kind of support is made of a roll of spongy foam that is designed to take the shape of the curve of your spine. They come in varying degrees of firmness and different shapes and sizes so that you can choose the one that is the best for your needs. You should avoid choosing one that is too large. Some people make the mistake of thinking that choosing a larger roll is going to provide more comfort. In actual fact, people are often better with a medium sized pillow offering medium support.
- If you travel for work and need a solution for those uncomfortable conference chairs, you could consider an inflatable lumbar support. Although this isn’t a suitable option for long-term support, you could take one with you to lower back pain when you are on the move. These pillows can be used everywhere including transport or at home and as they’re inflatable, they’re lightweight and portable.
Choosing the Right Back Support is a Personal Preference!
Choosing the best lumbar support pillow for your needs will depend on the problems that you experience with back support in your office chair.
- Posture – For users who have a deeper curve in their lumbar region, then it is possible that their existing office chair will not be able to provide enough support on its own. Choosing a deeper or fatter lumbar support pillow will ensure that your back is supported. For a flatter back, you should look for a more shallow option, for example, a D-shaped cushion.
- Your existing chair – The chair that you currently use will have an impact on the type of lumbar support pillow that you should choose. If you have a molded or bucket style seat, then you may struggle to get a standard lumbar support pillow to fit properly. Instead, you should look for a firmer backrest, as a roll may be a little too soft for the more relaxed position of bucket style chairs.
- Movement – You should consider the amount of movement that you are likely to make from your office chair. If you are the kind of person who stands up and sits down again many times throughout the day, it is likely that you will have problems with more temporary lumbar pillows. You should try to choose the type of pillow that won’t need to be repositioned each time you sit down, so a roll may not be suitable for more active users.
Practical Tips for Maintaining Back Support in an Office Chair
Most people will sit in their office chair for the first time with every intention of maintaining good posture and optimizing the chair for their ergonomic well-being, but a lot of the time, the user can find that they end up slouching or slipping into bad habits eventually. Thankfully, there are a few things that you can do to position your chair to maintain good back support.
The first thing that you should do is to set up the office chair properly. This will ensure that you are properly supported at all times and it will encourage you to maintain the correct seating position.
Choose an office chair that is adjustable so that you will be able to alter it to suit your own dimensions. Elbow supports will prevent stain on your shoulders and neck. The shape of the seat cushion should have a waterfall front so that the backs of your knees are not compressed and you should also choose a chair that comes with height adjustments and seat adjustment if possible. You should also choose a chair that has a tilt feature, as this will take the pressure off your lower spine and will be more comfortable for longer-term use.
A lumbar support cushion is essential for preventing the user from slouching. If you already have an office chair that does not provide enough lumbar support, then you should consider purchasing a lumbar support cushion.
You should check the position of your chair regularly to ensure that you can maintain the best possible position for your back.
FAQs on Office Chair Back Support
- Can I change my desk to improve my posture?Although it is possible to make plenty of adjustments to your office chair to ensure that you are sitting properly, it is also a good idea to ensure that your desk is set up properly. If your computer screen is too far away from you or not at eye level, you can find that you’ll end up slouching or leaning forward in your seat or you could develop neck problems by needing to look up or down at your screen. Consider repositioning your computer or using a monitor riser to raise it from the level of your desk.
- What should I do if I have to work at a computer desk all day?Working at a computer for the whole of your working day will mean that you will be constantly seated on your office chair. Even if your chair is set up perfectly, you can still find that you will develop some fatigue throughout the day if you are sitting in the same position. It’s a good idea to get up and walk around every 30-60 minutes so that you can stretch out your back and limbs.
- My shoulders feel painful. What can I do?If you are experiencing pain in your shoulders, then it’s likely that your arms are not properly supported in your chair. If you have a chair that has armrests, you should adjust them if possible. Your elbows should make right angles as you rest your forearms and you should also be able to rest your wrists on your desk as you do this. If you are unable to make the adjustments that you need to, then it is better to remove the armrests altogether.
Best Back Support for Office Chairs Comparison Chart
|Fellowes Professional Series Back Support||$$$||Black||2 x 15 x 14.5 inches||1.9 pounds|
|Love Home Memory Foam||$$||Black||13.4 x 12.6 x 4.1 inches||0.2 ounces|
|Comfort Cloud Premium Hybrid Gel Lower Back Pain Cushion||$$$||Black||15.2 x 4.7 x 12.6 inches||2 pounds|
|Premium Therapeutic Grade Lumbar Support Cushion||$$$||Black||13 x 3.9 x 11.8 inches||1.3 pounds|
|Liliyo Office Chair Seat Cushion||$$$||Blue & Gray||17 x 2.5 x 13 inches||14.4 ounces|
|ComfiLife Lumbar Support Back Pillow||$$||Grey||15 x 12.5 x 4.7 inches||1 pounds|
|Travelon Cool Mesh Back Support System||$||Black||11 x 7 x 3 inches||12.8 ounces|
|Everlasting Comfort 100% Pure Memory Foam Back Cushion||$$||Black||13.4 x 4.1 x 12.6 inches||1.8 pounds|
|LeFun Lumbar Cushion||$$||Black||13 x 7 x 7 inches||1.3 pounds|
|King Comfort Lumbar Support Royale||$$$$||Black||17 x 13.2 x 5.8 inches||1.2 pounds|
Making sure that you choose the right accessory for back support is an essential part of maintaining good posture in your office chair. If you already experience pain in your back, then you’ll probably want to find a good remedy. If you don’t yet experience any back pain, you should do your best to prevent it from occurring by ensuring that you have the correct lumbar support or the best lower back support for office chair.
These reviews give you some examples of the best back support for office chair needs and we hope that they have helped you to find what you’re looking for. Our buying guide also talks about the various different kinds of lumbar support for office chair backrests that you can find on the market so that you can have more understanding of which one may be best for you.
Different support accessories are more suited to different uses so whether you already have an office chair or whether you’re going to be traveling and need a suitable solution for the kinds of uncomfortable chairs that you may come across in other places, you can be sure that you’ll have enough options to choose from.