- 1 Top Rated Reclining Chairs
- 1.1 Homelegance 8548BRW-1 Swivel Reclining Chair with Ottoman
- 1.2 OFM 680-703-BURGUNDY Power Rest Executive Recliner
- 1.3 DXRacer Classic Series DOH/CS120/NC/FT Big and Tall Chair Racing Bucket Seat
- 1.4 Merax Racing Office Chair with Footrest and Back Support Reclining
- 1.5 Flash Furniture Reclining Office Chair With Ottoman
- 1.6 Serta Executive Recliner Office Chair
- 1.7 H&L Office Chair with Recliner
- 1.8 Merax High Back Recliner chair with Footrest
- 1.9 Giantex Recliner Chair w/ Footrest Stool Ottoman
- 1.10 Serta Executive Reclining Office Chair
- 2 HOW TO CHOOSE A GOOD QUALITY RECLINING OFFICE CHAIR?
- 3 Upright or Reclined? Health Benefits of a Recliner Office Chair
- 4 How to Properly Adjust a Recliner Chair?
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 6 Best Recliner Chair with Footrest Comparison Chart
- 7 Conclusion
Just because you’re working doesn’t mean that you need to be uncomfortable. When you’re at the office and you want to have a rest or to get into a more comfortable position, you can choose a recliner office chair.
There are plenty of different kinds of reclining chairs available for you to purchase, ranging from bulky, heavily cushioned and comfortable to the more professional looking and streamlined chairs.
Being able to recline in your office chair will mean that you can be comfortable and you can even raise your feet if you choose a reclining office chair with footrest for example.
Having all the comforts that you would expect to have in the home can help you to feel less stressed at work, helping you to keep your cool even under a lot of pressure. You can also adjust the chair so that it is upright when you need to be so that you can maintain a professional appearance when it’s required.
Top Rated Reclining Chairs
- HOMELEGANCE 8548BRW-1 SWIVEL RECLINING CHAIR WITH OTTOMAN
- PRICE $$$$$
- Color : Dark Brown
- Material : Leather & Suede
- Dimension : 32 x 35.5 x 43 inches
- Weight : 60 pounds
- Weight Capacity : up to 300 lbs
- Features : • 360 degree swivel chair with round oversize plated metal base • Knob adjusting reclining mechanism
- OFM 680-703-BURGUNDY POWER REST EXECUTIVE RECLINER
- PRICE $$$$
- Color : Burgundy
- Material : Polyurethane
- Dimension : 29.75 x 28.75 x 43.25 - 46.75 inches
- Weight : 50 lbs
- Weight Capacity : 250lbs.
- Features : • Seat swivels 360 degrees. • Gas lift seat height adjustment. • Manual pull-out
- DXRACER CLASSIC SERIES DOH/CS120/NC/FT BIG AND TALL CHAIR RACING BUCKET SEAT
- PRICE $$$$
- Color : Black/Coffee
- Material : Leather Style Vinyl, Metal
- Dimension : 24 x 27 x 51 inches
- Weight : 66 pounds
- Weight Capacity : 250 lbs
- Features : • The height and angle of the chair can be adjusted to any degree. • Multi-functional mechanism • Adjustable seat flexibility • Lumbar cushion included, headrest designed on the backrest
- MERAX RACING OFFICE CHAIR WITH FOOTREST AND BACK SUPPORT RECLINING
- PRICE $$$
- Color : Gray
- Material : PU
- Dimension : 36 x 27 x 20 inches
- Weight : 87 pounds
- Weight Capacity : 225 lbs
- Features : • Recline locking system •Ergonomic back design with lumbar support •Heavy duty base with durable casters
- FLASH FURNITURE RECLINING OFFICE CHAIR WITH OTTOMAN
- PRICE $$$
- Color : Black
- Material : Leather, Wood
- Dimension : 32.5 x 38.5 x 40.5 inches
- Weight : 56 pounds
- Weight Capacity : up to 300 lbs
- Features : •Thickly padded arms and tastefully exposed wood frames •Ball-bearing swiveling base
Homelegance 8548BRW-1 Swivel Reclining Chair with Ottoman
The Homelegance 8548BRW-1 reclining chair comes as a set along with an ottoman and will provide a contemporary look in your office. With dark brown or black bonded leather upholstery, you can be sure that this set is easy to keep clean and the high-quality materials ensure that it will last.
You can enjoy a good range of movement when you use this office chair has it has a 360-degree swivel. The base itself is very strong as it is made from oversized plated metal.
Whilst you are sitting in this office chair, you can be sure that you’ll be comfortable as the chair features button tufted cushions along with wing back arms. This is sure to give you a luxurious experience. The foam that is used throughout the cushions is soft and relaxing as well as being supportive.
The chair can be reclined using a knob adjustment so that you have full control of the angle of recline.
The additional ottoman that comes with this chair is useful and can be used as a footrest if necessary. It is finished in the same way as the chair so that it matches.
When you choose this chair, you will be able to make a big impression in the office whilst enjoying sitting at your desk throughout the day. Check out the full review of Homelegance 8548BRW-1 reclining chair->
OFM 680-703-BURGUNDY Power Rest Executive Recliner
When you’re looking for an adjustable reclining chair for your office that will offer comfort and durability, you’ll be impressed with this chair from OFM.
You can put your feet up whenever you want to thanks to the pullout footrest. This feature is perfect as it means that you can have a professional looking office chair when you really mean business, but when you want to take the pressure off your feet and legs, you can simply pull out the foot rest.
The height can be altered with ease thanks to the gas lift height adjustment feature. This allows you to alter the height of the chair so that you can be sitting in the best position for your height.
Thanks to the strong 1.25-inch frame, you can be sure that your weight will be fully supported. With a weight capacity of up to 250lb, this chair is suitable for users of a larger size.
You can recline this chair by up to 45 degrees. There are 5 different locking reclining positions that come with this chair so that you can find the angle of recline that suits you best.
With a burgundy finish, this chair looks great and will be a stylish addition to any office.
DXRacer Classic Series DOH/CS120/NC/FT Big and Tall Chair Racing Bucket Seat
This chair is ideal for users who are looking for an unusual looking and modern office chair. With a racing car style design and the same breathable material that race car seats are usually made of, you can be sure of a comfortable and supporting chair when you choose the DXRacer Classic.
A bonus lumbar cushion to the lower back of the chair ensures that your lower back is fully supported whilst you sit in it. There is also a leg rest to keep your legs supported too. The ergonomic design has been chosen because it will ensure that you are comfortable and that there is the least chance of back or joint pain whilst you are sitting in the chair for prolonged amounts of time.
You can adjust the arms on this chair. This is a useful feature, as it means that your arms can be supported at the right height, lowering the strain on your shoulders and keeping your elbows at right angles whilst you work.
3-inch casters that are mounted to the strong aluminum base of this chair ensure that you can move freely around the office and you can also use the chair on most floor surfaces.
With a wider seat, this is a chair that is suitable for larger users and as it has been made to be strong, you can be sure that it will last for a long time.
Merax Racing Office Chair with Footrest and Back Support Reclining
The Merax racing chair is a high-quality gaming chair that comes with an accompanying folding footrest so that you can put your feet up whenever you want to.
If you’ve had enough of gaming and want to take a little nap, then you can do so without even getting out of the chair. The locking reclining system makes it possible for you to recline to the chair as much as you’d like so that you can be as comfortable as possible whether you’re napping or gaming.
If you want to sit in this chair for prolonged amounts of time, you don’t need to worry about back pain or discomfort. In built lumbar support along with an ergonomically designed backrest ensures that your back will be supported for however long you wish to sit in the chair.
High-quality casters and a solid base ensure that this chair is as stable as possible and that it is built to last. You can also be sure that it will be as comfortable as possible thanks to the headrests and the well-padded armrests.
Whether you will be sitting at your desk working or if you will be sitting at home gaming, this is a chair that has been designed to provide comfort all day long.
Flash Furniture Reclining Office Chair With Ottoman
If you’re looking for a great reclining chair and ottoman set, then this Flash Furniture set is a popular choice.
For maximum comfort, the cushions on both the chair and the ottoman are made form overstuffed padding. This offers great support whilst being suitable for sitting on for the whole of your working day.
The chair can be reclined with ease thanks to the lever operated reclining function. The base also swivels through 360 degrees so that you can move around your office with ease and the swiveling base features high-quality ball bearings for smooth movements.
Not only will you be comfortable when you use this chair, but it also features plenty of the ergonomic features that you’d expect from a good office chair. To lower back pain, the backrest has been carefully contoured to support your spine properly. The reclining feature also allows you to tilt the chair back slightly so that your weight can be spread more evenly across your body instead of bearing down too much on your lower back. Padded armrests are also integrated into the design of this chair so that you can comfortably rest your forearms whilst you type.
- SERTA EXECUTIVE RECLINER OFFICE CHAIR
- PRICE $$$
- Color : Black
- Material : Black Bonded Leather
- Dimension : 30.5 x 27.2 x 47 inches
- Weight : 56 pounds
- Weight Capacity : 350 lbs
- Features : • Deep, ergo layered body pillows • Adjustable lumbar mechanism • Classic bentwood padded arm rests • Ergonomic tilt mechanism with Infinite locking adjustment
- H&L OFFICE CHAIR WITH RECLINER
- PRICE $$
- Color : Black
- Material : Mesh / Foam
- Dimension : 26.5 x 25.1 x 13.8 inches
- Weight : 43.1 pounds
- Weight Capacity : 200 lbs.
- Features : • Adjustable Headrest • Flip-up Armrest • Tilt lock and tension control adjustments
- MERAX HIGH BACK RECLINER CHAIR WITH FOOTREST
- PRICE $$
- Color : Black
- Material : Breathable mesh fabric
- Dimension : 37 x 25.6 x 17.7 inches
- Weight : 44 pounds
- Weight Capacity : 250 lbs
- Features : • High back with adjustable back support • Padded armrest protect elbows • Pneumatic Seat Height Adjustment
- GIANTEX RECLINER CHAIR W/ FOOTREST STOOL OTTOMAN
- PRICE $
- Color : Black
- Material : PU, Metal Frame
- Dimension : 20 x 20 x 26 inches
- Weight : N / A
- Weight Capacity : 250 Lbs
- Features : • Overstuffed Padded Chair And Ottoman •Knob Adjusting Recliner •360 Degree Swivel Seat •Leather Wrapped Bases
- SERTA EXECUTIVE RECLINING OFFICE CHAIR
- PRICE $
- Color : Beige
- Material : Fabric
- Dimension : 28.8 x 24.8 x 40.2 inches
- Weight : 34.5 pounds
- Weight Capacity : 250 lbs
- Features : •Plush, layered body pillows •Contoured lumbar provides exceptional support for the lower back •Durable multi-surface dual wheel casters and heavy-duty
Serta Executive Recliner Office Chair
The Serta executive office chair has been designed for big and tall users. With plenty of height adjustments and supporting up to 350lb in weight, you can be sure that even if you are of a larger size, this chair will be suitable for you.
Whether you are using this chair for working or relaxing, you can be sure that you’ll be comfortable. The ergonomically layered body pillows will help you to maintain good posture whilst being soft and relaxing. In addition, there is plenty of lumbar support included thanks to the adjustable lumbar support to the back of the chair.
You can use the infinite locking mechanism to recline the chair to your liking. This means that you could simply tilt the chair back a little to relieve the pressure from the lower back whilst you work or alternatively, you could recline all the way back so that you could take a nap.
Your arms will also be well supported in this chair thanks to the bentwood padded rests. Resting your arms on the armrests whilst you work will take the strain from your shoulders and arms.
Upholstered in high-quality brown leather, you can be sure that this chair will last you for a long time.
H&L Office Chair with Recliner
There are plenty of adjustable features that come with this office chair to ensure that you will be comfortable whilst you use it. With a mesh high back, reclining features and adjustable head and arm rests, you can customize the chair to suit your needs throughout the day.
The seat that comes with this chair is made up of a spongy and dense foam cushion so that you will feel comfortable being sitting on it all day. Again, it is covered with mesh material, similar to the back. Unlike leather material, the mesh fabric is breathable and comfortable no matter what temperature your office may be.
When you sit on this chair, you will be able to adjust it to suit your needs. Whether you want to use the arm rests or not, you will be able to choose as this chair has flip up rests. This is particularly suitable if the chair or the desk is not at a suitable height for your arms to use the rests comfortably. In addition, you can also adjust the headrest and recline the chair. If you want to, you could even sleep in the chair in a relaxed, laid back position.
The casters on the base of this chair feature double wheels so that you can move across the floor freely whilst seated.
Merax High Back Recliner chair with Footrest
The Merax executive chair is perfect for people who are looking for a comfortable solution for their office. A high back and superior reclining features allow you to relax when you want to whilst ergonomic features will ensure that you will experience minimal or no back pain whilst you are in an upright position in the chair.
The fabric that covers the cushion on the back of the chair is made from a breathable material so that you won’t get too warm when you’re sitting on the chair throughout the day. The back cushion features an ergonomic design that will ensure that your back is fully supported whilst you are sitting upright working at your desk.
For complete freedom to move around when you’re sitting on the chair, you will be able to take advantage of the 360-degree swivel feature. When you want to relax, you can also use the reclining back adjustment feature. This allows you to recline up to 180 degrees back. If you want to lie down whilst you’re on a break or relaxing, you’ll be able to do so thanks to this feature. A footrest is also included so that you can put your feet up whilst you’re relaxing.
Giantex Recliner Chair w/ Footrest Stool Ottoman
The Giantex Recliner chair is a high-quality faux leather office chair that is sure to add character to your office environment whilst looking great too.
With a black finish, it’s possible to match this chair with any décor that you may have in your office. In addition, the faux leather upholstery is far softer than real leather. It is also easier to keep clean.
Whether you want a relaxing chair for the home or if you want a chair that will be suitable for your office at work, this chair is a great choice for either purpose.
As the chair comes with a matching ottoman, you will be able to put your feet up when you are in a reclining position, giving you a comfortable user experience. This chair also features a strong metal frame that can hold weights of up to 250lb, which is ideal for most users’ sizes.
The recliner feature on this office chair can be operated with ease thanks to the adjustment knob and 360-degree swivel movement allows you to maneuver around your desk space freely.
For the perfect finish, the base of this chair is leather bound with the same faux leather as the upholstery in the rest of the chair.
Serta Executive Reclining Office Chair
The Serta Executive Office Chair ensures that you will not only be comfortable but that you can be free from back and joint pains when you use this chair. Thanks to the ergonomic design and features that come with this chair, it is great for keeping you in a good sitting position to help you to maintain the best possible posture.
The seat pad that makes up the seat of the chair is well padded to ensure that you will feel comfortable whilst you sit down throughout the day. It also features a waterfall front so that there will be no pressure on the backs of your knees. This will reduce the chance of blood circulation issues.
As this is a high backed chair, you can also make use of the headrest, which provides additional support to your head and neck. The pillowed headrest and body supports leave you feeling comfortable whilst you work.
To the lower back, there is an effective lumbar support cushion, which will support the lower curve of your spine. This is important for minimizing the chance of lower back pain caused by being in a seated position.
This is a high-quality chair that features the best materials. Whether you’re reclining in the chair or sitting upright whilst you work, you can be sure that you will be able to enjoy a comfortable experience.
HOW TO CHOOSE A GOOD QUALITY RECLINING OFFICE CHAIR?
The Importance of a Foot Rest at the office
You may be surprised at just how important it is to use a footrest in the office. It’s not something that people usually think of when they’re buying their office furniture, but it is an accessory of significant importance when it comes to providing ergonomic features.
- Posture – First of all, a footrest can actually help your posture. You should be careful however that the footrest is suitable for this. Your knees should be slightly below the level of your hips to prevent your pelvis from tilting backwards. Using a footrest can help aid blood circulation if the backs of your legs would otherwise have pressure put on them by your chair. Raising your feet off the floor can reduce this pressure. You should ideally choose an adjustable footrest and one that can support your whole foot.
- Circulation – If your feet are flat on the floor and if you don’t move them around enough, you can find that you get pins and needles in your lower legs. This is a sign of poor blood circulation. Keeping your feet rested on a footrest will ensure that any blood circulation problems can be reduced. It is still important that you move around as much as you can. Moving around doesn’t require you to get up from your seat, but instead, you could adjust the chair so that your hips are in a different position or you could recline your chair slightly or move your feet around. In addition to changing your position in your chair, you should also remember to get out of your chair for around 10 minutes at a time so that you give your muscles a chance to stretch. This could include actually taking a break from working, or going to another area of your workplace to deliver paperwork or talk to a colleague.
- Back Pain – If your feet are not positioned properly whilst you are seated for prolonged amounts of time, this can lead to back pain. By using a footrest, you will be able to sit back on the seat pad, being less likely to slouch too. As a result, there will be less pressure placed on your lower spine, resulting in lower back pain. You should also recline your seat slightly when you are sitting in an upright position. This will change the position of the main pressure point on your back. If you sit up straight in your office chair, all the weight will be bearing down on your lower spine, which isn’t comfortable and it will usually result in some lower back pain. The footrest also will help you to keep your feet supported whilst you recline. If there is no footrest, your legs will hang too far over the edge of the seat whilst you recline and this will result in bad blood circulation due to the backs of your legs being compressed by the edge of the seat.
Upright or Reclined? Health Benefits of a Recliner Office Chair
When you choose a reclining office chair, you’ll be getting plenty of benefits as not only will you have an ergonomic office chair for your daily work needs, but you will also be able to recline back in the chair just as you would in a reclining chair in your living room at home. When you lean back in your reclining office chair, the back will lean backwards and usually, the leg rest will rise at the same time. Not only does this bring plenty of comfort, but there are some great health benefits to enjoy too.
The reclining office chair is great for providing you with support for your spine. This reduces the fatigue on your lumbar region, neck, and head leaving you feeling more comfortable throughout the day. If you sit in front of a desk for the day whilst you are at work, you will be able to benefit from a reclining office chair, as it does not result in a poor posture like a standard office chair can.
Reclining is the best way to take the pressure off your lower back so that you will have less of a risk of developing back pain.
You are unlikely to find an office chair that will provide you with quite as much comfort as you will get from a reclining office chair. Not only is this kind of chair capable of offering a relaxing tilt to your sitting position, but also the cushions are often far softer and more supportive in comparison to standard office chairs.
If you don’t have the time to take longer breaks throughout your working day, the reclining office chair can be a great way for you to enjoy a few minutes of relaxation without needing to leave your office. Simply recline the chair back and take a short nap or simply lay quietly for a few minutes. You will find that your concentration improves as you will be well rested throughout the day and this can help you to be more productive whilst you are working.
Special additional features that can come with reclining chairs include massaging features and heated cushions. This will help to make you feel more relaxed as well as helping to reduce any muscular pains that you may have.
How to Properly Adjust a Recliner Chair?
Adjusting a reclining office chair is not much different than adjusting an ergonomic chair. You should first set up the chair for your ergonomic wellbeing and then you can use the recline feature. You should always try to purchase the chair that comes with the most adjustment options so that you can make the chair fit perfectly for your needs.
- Height – You should stand in front of the chair, whilst it is in an upright position and adjusts the height so that the seat of the chair comes to just below your knee. This will ensure that your legs will not have pressure on the backs of the knees and you will be able to have your knees a little higher than your hips.
- Back – When you are sitting on the chair, you should make sure that you can sit all the way back in the chair and that it is comfortable. Most office chairs have a lumbar support cushion to the back or a lumbar curve that is built into the backrest. You should adjust the height of the backrest so that your back is as supported as possible.
- Armrests – Some office chairs come with adjustable or even removable armrests. You should adjust the armrest so that you can comfortably rest your forearms on the armrests so that your elbows are at right angles whilst your wrists rest on your desk. If you are unable to adjust the armrests appropriately, you should remove them completely if possible.
- Seat pad – You should also move the seat pad forwards or backwards if this is an option. You should ensure that you could sit with your lower back pressed against the backrest whilst the seat pad should not compress the backs of your knees.
- Recline – Once you have adjusted all the other options to ensure that you fit into the chair properly, you can now recline the chair. This can be done to your liking, but it is always a good idea to maintain even a slight recline to ensure that you don’t develop any back pain.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How important is it to choose a reclining chair with adjustable features?
Having the ability to adjust the chair in additional ways other than reclining the chair backwards is of great importance, especially in the office environment. You should always choose the chair that has the most adjustments possible, as this will allow you to make the chair fit perfectly to your shape and size. With a reclining office chair, you will need to sit upright in it whilst you work as well as reclining when you are on a break. Having an ergonomic chair whilst you work will reduce back pains and help you to stay comfortable throughout the day.
What kinds of footrest are available?
When you choose your office chair, you’ll be able to opt for an integrated or a separate footrest. Some chairs come as a set and feature an ottoman style footrest. Alternatively, you could choose a reclining chair and a separate footrest to suit your needs. If you would prefer an all in one solution, you should consider a chair that has a pullout footrest or a footrest that rises as the chair reclines. This will mean that you won’t need to purchase two separate pieces of furniture.
What materials can I choose from?
When you purchase a reclining office chair, you will be able to choose chairs that have high-quality upholstery that will last. Whether you prefer real leather, faux leather, mesh or fabric, you will be able to find what you are looking for. The frames that the chairs are made out of usually consist of wood or metal. Metal is usually more robust and will stay looking like new for longer but wood can look better with more traditional office décor.
Will a reclining office chair help ease my back pain?
If you already have back pain as a result of sitting in an office chair whilst you work, a reclining chair may indeed help you to get some relief from your existing back pain. You should ensure that you so that the chair is a perfect fit for you even if you are sitting upright. You should make sure that you have a footrest that keeps your knees raised slightly above the height of your hips so that your hips will naturally tilt backwards. Your chair should also have adequate lumbar support. To reduce the pressure on your lower back, it is important that the chair is tilted backwards just a little at all times and you should keep adjusting the chair a little throughout the day so that you are not sitting in the same position for too long.
Best Recliner Chair with Footrest Comparison Chart
|HOMELEGANCE 8548BRW-1 SWIVEL RECLINING CHAIR WITH OTTOMAN||$$$$$||Dark Brown||Leather & Suede||32 x 35.5 x 43 inches||60 pounds||up to 300 lbs|
|OFM 680-703-BURGUNDY POWER REST EXECUTIVE RECLINER||$$$$||Burgundy||Polyurethane||29.75 x 28.75 x 43.25 - 46.75 inches||50 lbs||250lbs.|
|DXRACER CLASSIC SERIES DOH/CS120/NC/FT BIG AND TALL CHAIR RACING BUCKET SEAT||$$$$||Black/Coffee||Leather Style Vinyl, Metal||24 x 27 x 51 inches||66 pounds||250lbs.|
|MERAX RACING OFFICE CHAIR WITH FOOTREST AND BACK SUPPORT RECLINING||$$$||Gray||PU||36 x 27 x 20 inches||87 pounds||225lbs.|
|FLASH FURNITURE RECLINING OFFICE CHAIR WITH OTTOMAN||$$$||Black||Leather, Wood||32.5 x 38.5 x 40.5 inches||56 pounds||up to 300 lbs|
|SERTA EXECUTIVE RECLINER OFFICE CHAIR||$$$||Black||Black Bonded Leather||30.5 x 27.2 x 47 inches||56 pounds||350 lbs|
|H&L OFFICE CHAIR WITH RECLINER||$$||Black||Mesh / Foam||26.5 x 25.1 x 13.8 inches||43.1 pounds||200 lbs.|
|MERAX HIGH BACK RECLINER CHAIR WITH FOOTREST||$$||Black||Breathable mesh fabric||37 x 25.6 x 17.7 inches||44 pounds||250lbs.|
|GIANTEX RECLINER CHAIR W/ FOOTREST STOOL OTTOMAN||$||Black||PU, Metal Frame||20 x 20 x 26 inches||N / A||250lbs.|
|SERTA EXECUTIVE RECLINING OFFICE CHAIR||$||Beige||Fabric||28.8 x 24.8 x 40.2 inches||34.5 pounds||250lbs.|
Reclining office chairs are a must have for anyone who wants to take a break throughout their day. You can recline the chair comfortably and take a nap if you wish. With features such as pull out footrests and ottomans, these kinds of chairs allow you to recline completely in a lying position if you wish so that you can relax completely and even sleep if you wish.
These recliner office chair reviews and buying guide should have helped you to choose a good office chair for your needs.
Even if you are looking for a reclining office chair with footrest, you should still ensure that it comes with plenty of ergonomic features so that the chair will support you well, even if you are sitting upright at your desk. This will ensure that you will experience as little back pain as possible when you are using the chair throughout the day.