The Herman Miller Embody Chair brings you a comfortable and affordable seating solution for your office. If you need a chair that you can sit in for the entire working day, then this is the perfect option.
There are plenty of features and benefits that you can enjoy when you purchase this chair, and you’ll find out about those in this detailed review. We will also take a look at the pros and cons of the chair so that you can make an informed decision before you make your purchase.
The Herman Miller Embody Chair has been designed to be supportive rather than luxuriously comfortable. Whilst it is comfortable to sit in for the whole day, it is not as relaxing as some executive office chairs. If you’re looking for an ergonomically designed and practical office chair, however, then this may be the one for you.
Features of the Herman Miller Embody Chair
The Herman Miller Embody Chair comes with several great features that will enhance your user experience. The various design features that are built into the design of this chair will help you to maintain good posture and minimize back pain.
- The cellular backrest ensures that you will be comfortable and cool whilst you are sitting at your desk throughout the day. You can also choose an upholstered or cellular seat depending on your preference.
- Herman Miller’s Harmonic Tilt feature ensures that you will get the most from the tilt adjustments. Tilt control allows you to freely tilt in the child whilst you can also use the optional tilt limiter and forward tilt features too. Tilting your office chair is important if you want to ensure that you keep the pressure from the base of your spine. This will minimize back pain and maintain good blood flow.
- You will be able to adjust the height of the chair with ease and the arms can also be fixed or adjustable depending on your preference.
- The seat features a sliding seat depth adjustment so that you can ensure that your thighs are supported properly whilst your back is pressed against the backrest.
- The base and the frame feature a graphite finish.
- The chair comes with soft casters for hard floors but you can also choose the hard caster option for carpeted floors too.
Benefits of the Herman Miller Embody Chair
Of course, all the features described above are some great reasons for choosing this office chair, but how about these great benefits that add to the positive factors for this chair.
- You can choose from a cellular or upholstered material for the seat pad to suit your preference. There is also a choice of colors so that you can match the chair with your office design.
- You can purchase optional lumbar support for this chair. A lumber support is an important benefit, as it will support your lower back whilst encouraging you to maintain a good posture.
- This is a high backed office chair, which will provide support for the whole spine. You will be able to adjust the backrest so that it supports your back completely. High backed chairs such as this one are perfect for use by people who have to sit at their office desk for longer periods throughout the day.
- High-quality components that are built to last
- Cellular backrest for comfort
- Choice of upholstery types and colors for the seat
- Tilt tension control and tilt lock
- Forward tilt feature
- Height adjustment
- Adjustable armrests
- It is a shame that the lumbar support for this chair is an optional extra instead of being integrated into the design.
- This chair features a densely padded seat and a backrest that is made from strong mesh. If you would prefer a chair that is comfier and that comes with body pillows and more padding, you may need to look at other options.
The Herman Miller Embody Office Chair is an ergonomic office chair that has been designed to provide the user with the best posture and minimal back pain.
Whether you want to use this chair on hard or carpeted floors, you will be able to do so as long as you choose the chair that comes with the correct casters.
As you can tell from this detailed review, this is an office chair that can exceed expectations. Instead of being covered in body pillows and cushioning, it uses mesh and dense padding to offer a comfortable yet practical seating solution for those who use office chairs on a daily basis.
The backrest will help you to maintain good posture and the tilt feature helps to keep you sitting in a better position throughout the day. As it is a taller backrest, it will keep your entire spine supported and is suitable for you to use for the whole day whether you purchase this chair for your work or home office.